Friday, February 27, 2009

Creative Discipline…

Just had to share this bit of wisdom that a fourth grader shared with me Wednesday at Awana. We were in our small groups going over verses and somehow the girls got to talking about what their mothers did if the girls talked back to them. Well, one girl spoke up and said “I never back talk my mom, well I did once. You see she has a rule, if I do, then she gets to pick out my clothes for school the next day. Yeah, and she does not pick out things that I would wear, or that even matches.”

I thought that was so funny. I looked at her and said “your mother is one smart lady”. To which she smiled and nodded in agreement.

If I ever have a little girl, wow, I will be sure to remember that one!:)

2 comments:

  1. Is this a little girl I know????

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was her first time at Awana that week. She was brought by a little girl thatI know you know!:)

    ReplyDelete